the whole DNA thing. It's because I could care less about cutesy crap and any girl that I would raise wouldn't have a chance to be "cute" or wear the latest fashions or anything like that.
At church they put me in Activity Days - which is basically a chance for girls 8-11 to get together and make crafts, learn homemaking skills, and so the church doesn't seem sexist when they put all this money into scouting for boys that age. What they were thinking when they put me (with 3 other ladies) in charge over this type of program - I have NO idea. I'm just grateful that it's not scouts (yet! Because the first thing I thought of when they told be Buddy was a boy was that eventually I will end up spending hours with roudy cub scouts trying not to kill them or myself).
So today we made flower headbands.
And two of the other three ladies were all "Oh these are so cute" "I can't believe how easy these are" blah blah blah. Not what I was thinking at all. I was thinking "What a waste" "They look so stupid" "Seriously, you want to spend your free time making these" "Are they going to wear these in public" etc. Then I realized that this is why I don't have a girl. Because if you have a girl you need to at least try and be cute and spend your time/resources to make crap like the headbands so that your girl isn't labeled a tom boy and so that you'll be a good mom. Ok - a good mormon mom.
Second complaint for today: so the lady in charge of cutesy headbands was all "Oh you're moving back to Utah, I LOVE Utah." I automatically thought: "Well yeah you like Utah because 80-90% of the women in Utah are just like you - or trying to be like you." Ugh. I liked Utah - downtown Salt Lake was diverse enough that my level of sweetness was generally accepted. But I'm moving to South Salt Lake Valley - too close to Utah Valley for their to be more than 10% normal population (the super sweet people or gangsters/ white trash make up the other 90%) .
Ahhh... the pregnancy hormones & sleepless nights..... wish it would stop in a week when baby gets here but I know the truth. My stomach may not be the size of a basketball but everything else will only get worse for a while. Aren't you jealous?
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment