that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in my life to suffer
The slings and arrows of bottled up venting,
Or to take arms against some sea of troubles,
And by typing end them?
I've been thinking about blogging for almost a year now & I've finally decided to do it. Most of the reasons I've procrastinated are out of fear.
Fear that I'll discover I'm not a good writer (thank you Mrs. Ice, my high school English teacher - who discouraged my dream of becoming a writer)
Fear that I'll have writers block when it comes to entry titles (the hardest part of every paper I've written & the part I usually wait until the end to complete).
Fear that people I know (& love) will read my blog and get mad, offended, or be disappointed in me because of my rantings.
Fear that I'll type a couple entries & then stop, thus failing in another project I've started.
Fear that I'll lose sleep (because most of my ideas pop into my head while lying in bed waiting for sleep to come).
Fear that this blog (and all the avaliable online elements) will be a complete waste of time.
This past year, I've done a lot of things I didn't think I ever could. So forget you fear - I'm starting my blog.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." - Frank Herbert
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment