So before you start reading my blog there is something you oughta know. I feel like I have two personalities: nice Sassy and malicious Sassy. One of the purposes of this blog is for malicious Sassy to feel validated & like she has a voice without driving away all of nice Sassy's friends (malicious Sassy doesn't really have any friends, she's a real bitch). Thus, this blog will possibly be more "glass is half empty & my life sucks" rather than the contrary. Also, I'm not sharing my blog with any of my family and friends because (even though they know and have encountered malicious Sassy) my full wrath would make them think my life and marriage is going down the toilet and I deserve it.
I was going to title this post "I'm a Bitch" because that song by Meredith Brooks totally applies to me the last two hours or so. I totally bitched at my husband, Moe. Unlike my normal nagging, this reached a peak because of my frustrations:
I am so sick of cleaning this tiny apartment. I've been asking him to help me find a house for over 6 months now. And I can't even remember the last time he did something that I didn't have to ask for: like pick up his stuff that is all over or clean the floor or work on his resume or turn off the Wii or pick up his (7 week old) son or take out the trash, or talk to his boss about getting reimbursed for the business purchases that he continues to make on our personal credit card. Each of this things has little irritants associated with it. For example: get reimbursed for business purchases on the personal credit card. Again and again I've said "wouldn't it be easier if Boss just got you a company credit card so those purchases you "have to make to get the project done" could be billed directly to him?" But no, it's easier "just not to worry about it" and have his thankless wife go through each statement and ask about every little charge that doesn't look familiar. Because Moe is too scatter brained to worry about things like using our limited finances to provide for the thankless company he works for.
When malicious Sassy comes out, I almost feel so irritated that I think about leaving my husband to his own devices. Not that it's serious enough to think of divorce, but seriously - let's go 1 month without the things Sassy does & without Sassy playing the role of Moe's mother (nagging) and see what gets done on his own. It would be interesting to see what this 30 year old does. And the other part of me just wants to take control & buy a house & say "honey, we're moving. you need to go to this bank & sign the mortgage I've arranged." But Moe would like that, with his passiveness. But then I would feel guilty for every little thing that went wrong with the place.
Ok, it's time for malicious Sassy to go to bed. Hopefully this blog will help Sassy's controlling nature & eventually help Sassy & Moe's marriage (it's only been 7 years - how are we going to survive forever)- because Sassy will no longer bitch directly to him but will bitch to the blog (and hopefully that will be enough).
Challenge time readers: Please post realistic solutions for my anger management & (feeling the need to) constant nagging problems. Oh and tell your loved one how much you appreciate a specific thing they do - today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment