Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shopping @ Smiths Sucks

Let me tell you about my lovely shopping experience today.  First of all, Bubba hates the grocery store.  I don't know what it is about it but he can be fed & napped & clean but still transforms to Raptor Baby whenever we are in there.  He won't sit in his car seat (which can conveniently attach right on the cart), I have to hold him & use my other hand / body weight to move the cart around.  And since my second hand isn't holding in his binky, he still isn't very happy.

So I went to our local Smiths and of course what they're doing during the recession is remodeling.  It is a MESS!  It took me 2 hours to find everything (minus the generic/cheap bread - that seems to have disappeared from the store entirely) and get into my car.  And I only had a weeks worth of groceries to buy!  

One of my downfalls was that I needed 4 helium balloons.  It took 10 minutes (and two overhead pages) to find a person who knew how to get the balloons for me & 10 more minutes for her to make them.  I know it's very similar to rocket science & that it takes a lot of concentration to squirt the magic fluid, fill the balloon, & then tie it with a string.  

Then right when I reached the register (which actually didn't take more than 5 minutes - because it was in the middle of the day) & the checker started, the power went out.  Luckily they do have a back up system where they input the serial number off of everything instead of scanning it - so I was able to get out of there.  Although my bag of potatoes didn't have the right number in the computer so I did have to tell the bag boy where to find the potatoes in order to get the right price.  

Needless to say, I'm never going shopping without Moe again.  It's just too much of a chore.

No comments: