I've learned over the years of living here (in my college days & now we're back) that the apparently SE Idaho weather doesn't listen to Punxsutawney Phil. I've seen in snow (well just flurries) in June. It usually doesn't get uncomfortably warm unless it's the middle of August, but even then I've been known to bring a sweater (just in case my body gets the chills - which is normal for me).
I didn't even know there was a specific groundhog that everyone looked to until I saw the movie with Billy Murray. Then TV replayed that movie over & over and it seemed like it was ALWAYS on for about two months after I originally saw it. Talk about annoying.
Speaking of which, the radio advertised yesterday that the morning talk show hosts would be talking about re-living a day - "and if you could redo a day which one would it be... call in" blah blah. I can't think of any day that I would like to re-live over & over. Wedding - too many pictures. Birth of my children - too much pain (emotional & physical). Graduation - nothing special there. I guess my life is pretty plain most days. Although if I ever go to Hawaii and get to spend a day with the perfect book on the beach ...I can see myself wanting to re-live that (although reading the same book over & over would get old).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment